Sunday, May 23, 2010

OMG Christian!

What an exciting night! Tonight Christian was rip sticking (skate boarding) with his friend Phillip and fell and broke his 2 front teeth. Let's start at the begining. It was a normal Sunday night, Dan was on his way to the U.S. and the kids and I were just finished up with supper. Then our neighbor, and Christian's friend Phillip, came running down to tell me Christian broke his tooth. I was thinking, not a problem, I've had this happen before. When I got down to the neighbors house, there was blood all over the ground and Christian was really upset. I got him down to the house and called my friend Debbie Rossi (whose been here for a long time) to ask where I should take him on a Sunday night. Off to the ER we went. But wait, I get all the way to Heidelberg and forgot my wallet. Thank goodness for the autobahn and I can go 200k (125mph) to get my wallet.

We finally got to the ER and he was able to walk right in. The poor guy didn't even get anything to numb him before he was hit with two shots in the top lip and one in the top of his mouth. Been there and done that (personally) and I have the t-shirt. OUCH! He was still feeling it when they were trying to clean the tooth out so he got two more shots in the top lip. They were able to glue one of his teeth back on. However, the other one was broken up to the bone in his mouth and they had to pull it out. Now it sounds like we are in for many visits to the orthodontist.

I told Christian extreme sports means extreme injuries. Thank God he is okay and resting well. May this be the only bad injury he ever has.

0 comments:

Post a Comment