Sunday, September 20, 2009

Eine Woch der Premieren

Yes, it's been a week of first for us. As I look back at the week it brings a smile to my face at some of the things that have happened. Paige and her little girlfriend Sydney Grau painted each others faces with lipstick. Let me set this up for everyone. I was busy making spaghetti for supper. Paige and her girlfriend were very quiet upstairs playing. I called up the stairs to let them know it was time to eat. They called down to let me know that they were scrubbing up..."don't worry momma it's not paint." These are words that will send a mom running every time. I ran up the stairs to find to little girls frantically scrubbing their purple/pink faces. I had to shut the door and find Dan, to let him know what was going on and get all the laughter out before I delt with the girls.

This leads to funny story number 2. I had to ask Dan to help finish the supper and throw in some bread. I was cleaning up the girls so they weren't purple faced for school. Asking them what they were thinking and letting them know they weren't in trouble if they learned a lesson. In the meantime Dan was yelling for help. When I got down to the kitchen he let me know "I can't read any of this...it's all in GERMAN"! I'm still laughing at this and it will probably be my favorite saying the whole time I'm here.

Saturday Angie Grau and myself thought we would do our first volksmarch. What is a volksmarch you might be asking? Well it's a hike or walk that cover about 6-12 miles. It usually goes through the woods or near historic or scenic areas. It was so much fun we all had in our hike. Instead of getting a t-shirt at the end, ready for this .......beerstein. At our second stop we took a little break where you could get a beer and a wurst (brat). We thought we would start a club and call it Sticks and Steins. We might make a shirt and put this on it..and beer will never hurt us. Who wants to join the club?

Today since Dan is in America, I thought I would take the kids for an adventure. We went to Bad Durkheim...one of the largest, most traditional fests in Germany, the festivals of festivals. It's over 150 years old. It had everything you could think of there to ride. This might tempt some of you for next year. 150 different wines in 50 different places. So you can drink wine at little stands or big halls or Scubkarchler- where the tables and benches are so smooth from all the people sitting there over the years. What fun we had. Next year adults only. The invitation is out. Hope all is well in your week until next Sunday, God bless.

0 comments:

Post a Comment